India Trip

UW/UW Bothell Class on "Offshoring and Emerging Markets." 8/28 to 9/18 Cities we will visit: Delhi, Bombay, Hyderabad, Agra, Jaipur... Companies include: V-Customer, Hero Honda, the National Stock Exchange of India, Bollywood, Sun Pharmaceuticals, ICICI Bank, a jewelry manufacturer, India School of Business, Infosys, Microsoft R&D, and Dr Reddy. We will also take part in the Ganesh Festival and tour the Taj Majal.

Name:
Location: Kenmore, WA, United States

The busing, studying, laughing, innovating, biking... girl on the go.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We're off!

Argghh!! All of the information on this webpage is in a different language so hopefully I will be able to figure out which buttons to push to post this! We arrived in Seoul, Korea. It's 16 hours ahead of Seattle time. It's currently 6:30 pm 8/29 (1:30 am 8/29 in Seattle).

I hope all is well with everyone. Lindy, Tara and team - CONGRATS on your walk! (Three Day walk for Breast Cancer) you gals rock! Hope all is well with everyone else. Lauren and family - hope your weekend was nice and relaxing. Lauren - keep up the good work with your swim team! Hug Sully too!

The flight was 11 hours and seemed to go quickly. Actually slept most of it and watched a movie - "Leading Man?" Played Sudoku. Had my hand repeatedly shaken by a nice Vietnamese man who kept insisting he was a Catholic who doesn't lie and who is going back to Vietnam to visit the aunt that raised him (from six years old after his father went to prison when his father was imprisoned when the Communist took over the country) and he's visiting his fiance and getting married... but he kept shaking my hand over and over and touching my arm. I am now well rehearsed in the friendly hand shake. I decided to check out and sleep/watch a movie to avoid him. Everything is fine. Much less culture shock than I thought (yes - I know - I haven't left the airports or plane yet!) although I'm feeling rather tall here! Everyone is short!

Plane food was great! I had "Korean" for one meal (the dried soup with hot water was disgusting - quite fishy) and seafood for 'dinner' which consisted of two shrimp, and couple of chunks of salmon and rice and salad. Actually quite good! Nobody's been mugged ... nothing too exciting to write about yet. Although pop in the Korean airport is $4 and everything is overpriced. We're going to be staying in downtown a day and night on the way back so I'll buy fun stuff then.

Hope all is well you everyone,
Take care,
Joyann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home