India Trip

UW/UW Bothell Class on "Offshoring and Emerging Markets." 8/28 to 9/18 Cities we will visit: Delhi, Bombay, Hyderabad, Agra, Jaipur... Companies include: V-Customer, Hero Honda, the National Stock Exchange of India, Bollywood, Sun Pharmaceuticals, ICICI Bank, a jewelry manufacturer, India School of Business, Infosys, Microsoft R&D, and Dr Reddy. We will also take part in the Ganesh Festival and tour the Taj Majal.

Name:
Location: Kenmore, WA, United States

The busing, studying, laughing, innovating, biking... girl on the go.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday prior...

Classes this week have covered what to expect culturally, proper business attire and behavior for visiting various corporations, guest speakers who have worked and lived in India, history of India, preparation for various tours and presentations for each company. We also went over various details of the trip and different plans. We are giving our company presentations to the class tomorrow. My team has the National Stock Exchange and Bollywood. Each team presents for about 20-30 minutes and shares information with the class so that each of us is prepared with questions and background information on each place we're visiting.

Unfortunately we are no longer visiting Mobile Creche, one of the sites I was really looking forward to. They are a non-profit that provides child care for construction workers.

As for packing - not quite ready. Each team has to bring gifts and notebooks and a laptop, etc. in addition to our regular items. Travelers Cheques, rupis, prescriptions, pepto bismo, immodium, prescription medication for stomach illness... did I mention pepto bismo? I will be starting the Malaria meds soon as well. Vaccinations included Polio, Hepatitis, Typhoid Fever and pills for Malaria. Sounds fun, no? I can't wait to go and I'm looking forward to the sights and smells and food.

Less than five days and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home