Twelve more days and counting!
I'm off for India on August 28th with a group of students from UWBothell and the main campus. The topic is "Offshoring and Emerging Markets." I want to share this trip with those that would like to know that I'm still alive (yes mom - that's you... :-) ) and probably a few others - well maybe! My sister did let me know that there was no need for insurance for repatriation of remains if I do croak while away... just let them burn my body, then there's no need for extra expenses and a funeral! Besides - what a great way to go, no? You go Sherri. Love ya sis! And Mickey - you wanted an ivory elephant... wouldn't that get me busted in customs? Ah well, booze it is. I'll send you some - perhaps with a picture of an ivory elephant on the label.
Regardless of all the preparation and being nervous, I'm very excited. This is my "Congrats to me" on graduating with my Bachelor in Business from UW Bothell in June, and seeing India is a chance of a lifetime. Besides - with the world getting flatter as globalization impacts businesses everywhere, learning to understand and relate to other cultures is highly important.
Let me know if any of you want anything from India. Just post them or e-mail me at jazspa@u.washington.edu.
Thanks!
Joyann
1 Comments:
Okay Sherri... I couldn't get anywhere near a turtle in Hawaii... a carved one is likely the only way I'll ever get near one!
Mary - thanks for posting! Good to hear from you!
Post a Comment
<< Home